[seminar] seminar na IF-u u ponedjeljak, 11. 12. 2009.

Berislav Horvatić horvatic at ifs.hr
Tue Jan 5 15:26:37 CET 2010

      Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46, predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić

      ponedjeljak, 11. siječnja 2010, u 15:00 sati

      Experimental approaches to Long-range

      Atom-Surface interaction

      Dr. Daniel Bloch

      Laboratoire de Physique des Lasers, Université Paris13,

      99 Avenue J.-B. Clément, F-93430 VILLETANEUSE

      E-mail: daniel.bloch at univ-paris13.fr

      The long range van der Waals-type atom-surface interaction corresponds to a regime dominated by the fundamental quantum fluctuations of a neutral system of charges, for which the structural details of the surface can be neglected. With the development of various techniques of high resolution spectroscopy in the vicinity of an interface, we had addressed in Villetaneuse (Université Paris13) various experimental regimes for this interaction, including situations where the surface modes resonantly couple to the atomic transitions, or spatial dependence of the atom-surface interaction with nanocells of vapour. We are presently embarked in the search for a dependence of the van der Waals interaction with the vacuum temperature. We are also looking for various effects connecting atomic physics with nano-optics.

      http://www-lpl.univ-paris13.fr

      Voditelji seminara IF-a:  Berislav Horvatić  &  Marko Kralj