[seminar] Seminar Athanasios Chatzistavrakidis, četvrtak 25.2.2010. u 12h, IRB, seminar Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku

Hrvoje Stefancic shrvoje at thphys.irb.hr
Tue Feb 23 14:00:02 CET 2010

      INSTITUT Ruđer Bošković
      ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
      Bijenička c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

                     SEMINAR TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE
            (Zajednički seminari Zavoda za fiziku PMF-a i
                 Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku  IRB-a)

     Athanasios Chatzistavrakidis, National Technical University of
Athens (NTUA)

    "Unified particle physics models and fuzzy extra dimensions"

      Vrijeme:  25. veljače 2010. (četvrtak) 12.00, c.t.

      Mjesto:  Institut Ruđer Bošković, seminar Zavoda za teorijsku
fiziku

      Sažetak: Starting with a N=4 supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory in
four
 dimensions with gauge group $SU(3N)$ we perform an orbifold projection
 leading to a N=1 supersymmetric SU(N)^3 Yang-Mills theory with
 matter supermultiplets in bifundamental representations of the gauge
 group, which is chiral and anomaly free. Subsequently, we search for
 vacua  of the projected theory which can be interpreted as
spontaneously
 generated twisted fuzzy spheres. We show that by adding the appropriate
 soft supersymmetry breaking terms we can indeed reveal such vacua.
 Three cases are studied, where the gauge group is spontaneously broken
 further  to the low-energy gauge groups SU(4) x SU(2) x SU(2), SU(4)^3
 and SU(3)^3. Such models behave in intermediate scales as
 higher-dimensional theories with a finite Kaluza-Klein tower, while
 their low-energy physics is governed by the corresponding zero-modes
and
 exhibit chirality in the fermionic sector. The most interesting case
 from the phenomenological point of view turns out to be the SU(3)^3
unified
 theory, which has several interesting features such as (i) it can be
 promoted to a finite theory, (ii) it breaks further spontaneously first
 to the MSSM and then to SU(3) x U(1)_em due to its own scalar
 sector, i.e. without the need of additional superfields and (iii) the
 corresponding vacua lead to spontaneously generated fuzzy spheres.

     Voditelj seminara:
     Hrvoje Štefančić (shrvoje at thphys.irb.hr)