[seminar] Seminar FO, de Silva

hbuljan at phy.hr hbuljan at phy.hr
Fri Feb 19 08:43:48 CET 2010

Poštovani kolege,

Podsjećam na današnji seminar.

Srdačan pozdrav,
Hrvoje Buljan

SEMINAR FIZIČKOG ODSJEKA

Vrijeme:   petak, 19. 02. 2010., 14:15 sati (točno)
Mjesto:     Fizički odsjek, Bijenička c. 32, predavaonica F102

  The application of neutron and X-ray scattering to soft matter systems

                  Johann de Silva
            Université libre de Bruxelles

I will discuss the use of neutron and X-ray scattering for the study of
soft matter systems.  In particular I will focus on the application of
neutron reflectometry to study interfacial structuring and stability in
polymeric and liquid crystal thin film multilayers, which are widely
exploited for use in coatings and electronic devices, such as organic
light emitting diodes (OLED) and field effect transistors (OFET) for
example.  I will also talk about recent rheological small-angle x-ray
scattering experiments (RheoSAXS), where we have combined in situ rheology
and SAXS measurements to study the effect of nanoparticle doping on the
flow properties of simple water/surfactant lyotropic liquid crystals,
showing how we can tune the nanometre scale structure to control the bulk
properties (such as viscosity) of the material, and also some interesting
biological applications.

				Voditelj seminara FO
				Hrvoje Buljan, hbuljan at phy.hr