[seminar] Sebastien Descotes-Genon, 15. prosinca 2010. (srijeda) u 11:00 c.t., IRB, seminar ZTF-a

Hrvoje Nikolic hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr
Thu Dec 9 17:00:50 CET 2010

       INSTITUT Ruđer Bošković
       ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
       Bijenička c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

                      SEMINAR ZAVODA ZA TEORIJSKU  FIZIKU
             (Zajednički seminari Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku i
 		Zavoda za eksperimentalnu fiziku IRB-a i
 		Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku PMF-a)

  	Sebastien Descotes-Genon, LPT Orsay, CNRS/Univ. Paris-Sud 11

     "The CKM matrix: from the Standard Model to New Physics"

       Vrijeme:  15. prosinca 2010. (srijeda), 11.00, c.t.

       Mjesto:  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, Seminar ZTF-a

       Sazetak:
I present the current status of the Cabbibo-Kobayashi-Maskawa matrix
describing mixing and CP violation in the quark sector within the
Standard Model. I review the main ingredients of the standard global
analysis performed by the CKMfitter group to determine the elements of the
CKM matrix. I emphasize recent B-factory results and their theoretical
interpretation, as well as the role of theoretical (mainly lattice)
inputs. The presence of tensions in the fit to the Standard Model
leads me to consider a scenario of New Physics affecting neutral meson
mixing ($\Delta F=2$ processes).

      Voditelj seminara:
      Hrvoje Nikolic (hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr)