[seminar] Seminar IF&FO, Dora

hbuljan at phy.hr hbuljan at phy.hr
Fri Apr 23 14:37:20 CEST 2010

Poštovani kolege,

najavljujem zajednički seminar Instituta za fiziku (IF)
i Fizičkog odsjeka PMF-a koji će se održati
idući četvrtak s početkom u 15.00 sati na IF-u.
Predavanje naslovljeno "Non-linear electric transport in
graphene" održati će dr. Balasz Dora s adresom MPI instituta u
Dresdenu i Sveučilišta u Budimpešti.

Srdačan pozdrav
Hrvoje Buljan

ZAJEDNIČKI SEMINAR INSTITUTA ZA FIZIKU I FIZIČKOG ODSJEKA
Vrijeme:    četvrtak, 29. 4. 2010., 15:00 sati (točno)
Mjesto:     Institut za fiziku, predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić

     Non-linear electric transport in graphene

                  Dr. Balazs Dora

 Max-Planck-Institut für Physik komplexer Systeme, Dresden, Germany
 Department of Physics, Budapest University of Technology and Economics,
Budapest, Hungary

We present a unified view of electric transport in undoped graphene for
finite electric field. The weak field results agree with the Kubo
approach. For strong electric field, the current increases non-linearly
with the electric field as E^(3/2). As the Dirac point is moved around in
reciprocal space by the field, excited states are generated. This is
analogous to the generation of defects in a finite-rate quench  through a
quantum critical point, which we account for in the framework of the
Kibble-Zurek mechanism. These results are also recast in terms of
Schwinger's pair production and Landau-Zener tunneling. Other systems
exhibiting a band structure with Dirac cones, in particular cold atoms in
optical lattices, should exhibit the same dynamics as well.

				Voditelj seminara FO
				Hrvoje Buljan, hbuljan at phy.hr