[seminar] Seminar prof. Renaud Parentani (IRB, I krilo, 29.09., 11.00 c.t.)

Hrvoje Stefancic shrvoje at thphys.irb.hr
Wed Sep 23 13:23:21 CEST 2009

     INSTITUT "Ruder Boskovic"
      ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
      Bijenicka c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

                     SEMINAR TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE
            (Zajednicki seminari Zavoda za fiziku PMF-a i
                 Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku  IRB-a)

     Renaud Parentani, Laboratoire de Physique Theorique d' Orsay,
        L'Universite Paris-Sud

    "Black Hole radiation in Bose Einstein condensates"

      Vrijeme:  29. rujna 2009. (utorak) 11.00, c.t.

      Mjesto:  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, predavaonica I krila

      Sazetak:   We study the phonon fluxes when the condensate velocity
crosses the speed of sound, i.e., in backgrounds which are analogue to
that of a black hole.
Our theoretical analysis and numerical results are based on the
Bogoliubov-de Gennes equation without any further approximation.
The spectral properties of the fluxes and of the long distance
density-density correlations are obtained, with and without an initial
temperature.
In realistic conditions, the condensate temperature dominates the
fluxes,
and thus hides the Hawking effect, but it amplifies the long distance
correlations
which are intrinsic to this effect. This confirms that the
correlations pattern offers
a neat signature of the Hawking effect. Optimal conditions to observe
the pattern are discussed. Fluxes associated with white holes are also
discussed.
Work based on arXiv:0905.3634.

     Voditelj seminara:
     Hrvoje Stefancic (shrvoje at thphys.irb.hr)