[seminar] podsjetnik na DANASNJI seminar

Berislav Horvatić horvatic at ifs.hr
Wed Sep 16 12:15:11 CEST 2009

Poštovani,
podsjećamo Vas na današnji zajednički kolokvij
Fizičkog odsjeka i Instituta za fiziku, koji će se
održati u 15:15 sati (točno) na Institutu za fiziku,
u zgradi Mladen Paić.

Voditelji seminara IF-a
Marko Kralj & Berislav Horvatić

Sažetak predavanja je u nastavku poruke:

ZAJEDNIČKI KOLOKVIJ FIZIČKOG ODSJEKA I INSTITUTA ZA FIZIKU

      Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46, predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić

      srijeda, 16. rujna 2009, u 15:15 sati (točno)

      Guiding light for future technologies

      Prof. Yuri S. Kivshar

      Nonlinear Physics Center

      Research School of Physics and Engineering

      The Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200, Australia

      E-mail: ysk124 at physics.anu.edu.au

      I will discuss recent advances in the field of nonlinear photonics for guiding and manipulating light with the help of microstructured materials such as photonic crystals and periodic photonic lattices, emphasizing the specific results from our group in Australia and also links between optics and the solid state physics. I will also introduce a new field of negative-index materials and discuss recent concepts of cloaking of invisibility and transformation optics.

      Home page:

      http://physics.anu.edu.au/nonlinear/people/YuriKivshar.shtml

      Voditelji seminara IF-a: Marko Kralj & Berislav Horvatić