[seminar] IF

Ticijana Ban ticijana at ifs.hr
Thu Jul 26 14:48:15 CEST 2007

Poštovani,

Obavještavam Vas o održavanju seminara na Institutu za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46, predavaonica u zgradi Mladena Paića u petak 27. srpnja 2007. u 11:00 sati.

Seminar pod naslovom Slow transport in disordered media održat će dr. Thomas Franosch s Ludwig-Maximilians Univerziteta u Minhenu.
Kratki sažetek predavanja možete pronaći u nastavku poruke.

Srdačan pozdrav,
Ticijana Ban

Slow transport in disordered media

Thomas Franosch
Arnold-Sommerfeld-Center
Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich

Spatial heterogeneities often give rise to intriguing slow dynamics in complex materials. Examples  constitute colloidal gels with stress-sustaining networks, or the crowded environment of the cytoplams. A minimal model that encompasses spatial disorder and slow dynamics is provided by the Lorentz model, i.e. a classical point particle explores space in the presence of a frozen array of randomly distributed hard spherical obstacles.

I will report on extensive molecular dynamics simulations and show that a dynamic scaling hypothesis explains the anomalous relaxation close to the localization threshold. Furthermore, I will discuss the long-time tails in the velocity autocorrelation function which have been predicted almost forty years ago, but have eluded computer simulations so far.